Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Sunday, August 10, 2014
It's that time of year again! We are calling for submissions to the annual "How I See It" photography show, so gather up your best photos and get them to us! The show is open to both members and non-members. Here's all the details:
- The show runs Sept 6 - Oct 19th
- $10 per entry for members / $15 per entry for non-members.
- Up to three entries per artist.
- Entry forms and money MUST be postmarked by August 30th. (Entry form here)
- Each of our categories will have a $100 prize for first place, and two honorable mentions. We have five great categories this year:
1. City- / Sea- / Landscapes
2. Animals & Wildlife
3. Plants & Insects
4. People & Portraits
- Artwork must be delivered to the Selig Room, Guadalupe Regional Medical Center, 1215 E. Court Street on Saturday, September 6, between 10-12 noon.
- Artist Reception will be on Thursday, September 11, 2014, 6 - 7 pm in the Selig Room.
> Download your ENTRY FORM HERE <
If last year's show was any indication, I know this one is going to be a great show! I encourage anyone to take a chance and enter, even if you haven't ever entered a show before. We love seeing familiar artists as well as new ones - and we look forward to seeing you and your work there!
Saturday, August 9, 2014
|Liz Romero with her winning piece "Cabbage"|
|Karen Roberson with her winning piece "Fancy Feet"|
Thursday, July 3, 2014
I just thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Sarah Treanor, and I will be taking over managing the blog for SAL since Alicia has now departed from Seguin on new adventures. We are wishing her well!
A bit about me, I'm a fine art photographer and writer originally from Corpus Christi. Formerly a graphic designer in Dallas, I left the corporate world a few years ago to pave my way as an artist - my biggest passion. I have been blogging for about 4 years now, so I'm looking forward to bringing my knowledge and writing expertise here to the SAL blog.
You will notice that I am doing a bit of a face lift to the look of the blog, but all information will be organized the same as it has been. Should you have any questions for me, do feel free to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to bringing you all the latest and greatest about our wonderful Seguin Art League!
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Thirty-one artists from LaVernia and Seguin High Schools entered 48 pieces of artwork including clay sculpture, mixed media, drawings, and paintings in the 5th Annual High School Art Show. Prize winners present are shown at the left.
Awards were announced at the opening reception held May 9. The following won Honorable Mention:
- Junior at LaVernia High Rachel Henkes for her acrylic painting "Happiness is Measured in Hands."
- Junior at Seguin High Dillon Hammons for his acrylic painting "Palo Dara Canyon."
- LaVernia junior Alisen Saenz for her chalk drawing "Lil' Cowboy."
- Seguin senior Carrigan Herring for her plaster and acrylic "A Mother and Daughter Moment to Remember."
- LaVernia sophomore Kailee Wegehaupt for her charcoal drawing "Wrapped in the Moment."
Place ribbons went to the following:
- Third to Seguin High senior Seth Anderson for his pastel "McAdory."
- Second to LaVernia junior Logan Parker for her "Stud in a Bucket."
- First to LaVernia senior Reagan Roswell for her acrylic "Overwhelmed."
Click here to see photos from the reception and winners with their work. When the page of photos appears, you can click on any photo to see the caption and start a Slideshow.
Student artists must return to the Selig Room at the Guadalupe Regional Medical Center, 1215 E. Court St., on May 24 between 10 AM and 12 noon to pick up their art. If anyone cannot be there at this time, arrange with another artist, friend, or family member to pick up your artwork. Anything not retrieved on May 24 will be disposed of.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
All artists in 9th through 12th grades are invited to show their favorite work of 2013-2014 in the 5th Annual High School Art Show hosted by the Seguin Art league.
No entry fee is required, and each artist can enter up to two pieces in any medium. Artwork must be ready for display. Frames or canvasses of two-dimensional pieces must be wired and ready to hang. Deliver your artwork to the Selig Room, Guadalupe Regional Medical Center East Campus, 1215 E. Court St., on Thursday, May 1, between 4 and 6 PM with a completed entry form for each piece. Click here to print all instructions and entry form. The show will hang from May 2 through May 24.
Artists, teachers, families, and guests are invited to the awards reception from 6 to 7 PM Friday, May 9. Refreshments will be served, and cash prizes will be awarded to First ($100), Second ($75), and Third Place ($50) winners plus one or more Honorable Mentions ($20). (The artist or parent must be present at the reception to receive a cash prize.)
You may offer your work for sale if you wish. The Seguin Art League charges a 25% commission on any artwork sold. You must pick up your artwork on Saturday, May 24, between 10 AM and 12 noon. Artwork not picked up will be disposed of.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Guests at the opening reception for the new show "Brushstrokes" each received a ballot and got to vote for their favorite painting. Here are the three they liked best:
The winning artists are
- First Place, Carrie Davenport for her watercolor "Iris."
- Second Place, Mary Zoboroski Cannon for her acrylic "Hill Country Blue."
- Third Place, John Lenker for his oil "Morning Across the Lake."
A variety of other paintings also received guest votes, and all continue to hang through April 19 in the Selig Room at GRMC East Campus, 1215 E. Court St. To volunteer as a docent, call Janelle Hanneman.